Tues 24 May 2011

Summer Relay Series - Thanet

Did lap of the course as a warm up and then did some dynamic stretches and strides. Nice evening, strong wind has seemed to have died down a bit by the time it had come to run. I took the 4th and final leg, teammates had managed very well and had got us up into 2nd position, Invicta were in front with quite a gap. I went out hard with wind behind trying to concentrate and try and pull back the deficit back, when I could catch some glimpses of leader I though that I had managed to close a little, at the turn it was back down onto the seafront and the wind was in our faces now. I tried to keep the pace going and drive on but in the end the gap had been too big. However very please with time 12:25 looking back in log books it looks like that this was the fastest time I have recorded for this course previous best was 12:34. Splits  5.13 / 5.41 / 1.30.

Distance Overall: 6 Miles           Time Relay Leg: 00:12:25        Pace Relay Leg: 5.28

No comments:

Post a Comment