Leg 1 - Inter-Club Relays Tuesday 15 May 2012

AM: Raining again when I left home but guess what? when I finish the sun comes out!! First inter-club relay tonight so just go out and do easy run this morning, two laps of Lyminge. Splits - 8.19/8.35/ 8.19/ 8.40/ 8.21/ 8.35.

Distance:   6 miles.            Time:  00:50:51            Ave Pace: 8'28 m/m


PM: East Kent Inter-Club Relays   Leg1- Folkestone
Cold blustery evening with rain threatening interspersed with a bit of sun but not very warm. FRC men managed to get compete Senior A & B, V40 & V50 teams out tonight and an incomplete C team with 3 runners, which is the best turnout we have had for some time. After getting all the paperwork and teams sorted out I managed to get out for my own warm up running a lap of the course, whilst shouting on encouragement to all our runners. My team had done really well and had pushed up to third place when I took over however there were big gaps in front and behind so I was just consolidating our position. I always find it hard to get the best out of myself when running in these conditions and my average pace for the run was 5'47 compared to 5'44 in the trial two weeks earlier. Splits for the race (2.62 miles) were 5.52/ 5.55/3.21. Went round most of the course again as a cool down. A good nights work our A team was 3rd, the Ladies A team was 1st and will have to await full results to find out where the other teams came.

Distance: 8 miles (Total)          Time: 00:15:09 (Relay Leg)     Ave Pace: 5'47 (Relay Leg)

No comments:

Post a Comment