Southern League 3000m - Saturday 19 May 2012

Long trip down to Southampton to take part in the Southern League meeting today. Arrived at about 11.00 and my race was not until 14.14 and Lucy's steeplechase was not until 16.10. So had a couple of hours relaxing in the intermittent sunshine  At about 13.20 went out on my warm up running round the outskirts of the big park we were running at. The sun was peaking out between the clouds and it was getting very warm when it was shining. After my drills was time to get ready for the start. 13 runners were in the field and immediately 3 went straight away and it was no point in me chasing them sticking to my own plan, which was to try and keep to 80s laps. First 2 were 75s & 76s but then began to slow slightly. Had a Southampton guy on my should for laps 4,5 & 6 which kept me pushing on but just lost it a bit on the last lap and a half and he opened up about a 7s gap. I tried to push on hard round the last lap and managed to finish with a time of 00:10:04'9 and finished 8th/13. Quite happy as this was about 5.24 m/m but would have been good to get under 10 min.  Cool down was another couple of laps around the park.  Had an hours rest and then went on a warm up with Lucy before her steeplechase and we covered another 2 miles.  Lucy had a really good race this week a bit more competitive than last week and ended up with a time of 8min 30sec which was 33 sec faster than last weekend so she was very happy.


Distance:  10 miles              Race Time 10"04'9         Ave Race Pace:  5'24 m/m

No comments:

Post a Comment