Kent Championships - Sunday 13 May 2012

Well a much improved day, the sun was out and the wind was a lot less than yesterday.  We made our way up to Ashford ready for Lucy to do the 1500m with Catherine at 13:05, both were very nervous as they set off for their warm up, but managed to compose themselves for the start of the race. Both put in very creditable performances with Lucy finishing in 05:35:6 and Catherine finished in 06:08:3.

Next up was my 5000m - so I headed out and did a 3 mile warm up with Janine Brown before coming back to do my drills.  I started off the race trying to stick to 80s laps but this was vey ambitious and I could only keep this up for 3 laps and then I began to slip away from this. I found it a hard race as I was running on my own and I was feeling a little tired from all this weeks mileage in my legs as I hadn't eased down for this race as my plan was to train through it as I am targeting the 10000m in June. Anyway I managed to plough on round and finished in a time of 17:50, which on reflection was not too bad. After the race went out and did a couple of miles cool down.


Finally at the end of the day was lucy's 2000m s/c, I went out and did a mile jog to keep her company on her warm up.  Unfortunately the U20 women didn't turn up so Lucy was running the race all by herself. However it did mean she won and became Kent Champion, something I have never managed to do so you can believe the stick that I am getting!! Her time was 9:03:7 and she was told that she might be selected for an inter county match in August!!

Kent Champion
Is she doing a Usain Bolt?

Sundays Distance: 9 Miles


Weekly Summary:

  AM PM Total
Mon 6 0 6
Tues 6 9 15
Wed 0 16 16
Thurs 6 8 14
Fri 6 6 12
Sat 6 4 10
Sun 0 9 9
       
Total 30 52 82
Highest week for a couple of years so not surprising I felt sluggish for race, but looking at the long term goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment