Thursday 3 May 2012

AM: easy run once round Lyminge, very easy pace to get yesterdays run out of legs.
Pace: 7.43/ 7.59/ 7.56/ 8.09.

Distance:  4 miles.     Time:  00:31:48      Pace:  7.57 m/m



Want a laugh - click HERE!


PM: From club went out and did warm up and dynamic drills before starting the main session. The main session consisted of 10 x 1 min with 30s recovery followed by 5 x 30s with 30s recovery. The important thing for me know is to try and get the old legs turning over a little faster now as I have decided to make the Kent Track 10000m champs my main goal for the early summer, which is about 7 weeks away.  My strategy for this will be to push the milage up similar to marathon training except the longest run will not exceed 2 hours. Also to get some quality speed sessions in as well, by doing this I should be working on speed endurance which hopefully means that I can get to run at a good pace and have the strength to hold the pace throughout the whole race.
Couple of miles warm down with JC.

Distance:  7 Miles          Time:  01:03:28        Pace: Ave reps about 5.25 m/m

No comments:

Post a Comment