Tues 15 Mar 2011

Club handicap run tonight.  Usually I like to do these as good marker on fitness and speed. However not running for most of last week, I knew that I would be nowhere near the time of the last handicap and the corresponding handicap last year. Therefore I felt if I did it and was slower I would probably have negative thoughts afterwards.  Therefore I decided to do long run at a tempo pace, started out with DG & MD but was starting to get ahead after 2 miles, they were happy for me to carry on therefore I ploughed on at a good steady pace, course took in a couple of testing hills - Sandgate Hill & Wear Bay Road, and just slowed to outside 7.00 m/m up those, but recovered after going over the top and got pace back on.  Stomach started feeling iffy at about 9.5m  and had to wait until 11m when I could dive into Tesco's toilets.  Felt better after that and really tried to push on hard over last 3 miles.  Suffered afterwards with tummy ache all evening, but that shows I was pushing hard. Mile splits as follows:-
7.24/6.57/6.07/6.30/7.05h/6.25/7.09h/7.07h/6.38/6.47/6.46/6.33/6.41/6.24

Distance: 14 Miles            Time: 01:34:37          Pace: 6.46 m/m

No comments:

Post a Comment