Sat 12 Mar 2011 KENT LEAGUE X-COUNTRY FINAL RACE

KENT LEAGUE X-COUNTRY FINAL RACE

Even though I had a disastrous week with illness, I wanted to do this race as it was the last league race of the season and I was standing 3rd in the VETS league table, if I didn't run then I would be out of it.  So the intention was to try and get a good solid performance in. I knew that I was not in the same shape as the last league race.
Did two laps of course as warm up and was coughing quite a bit, but not feeling two bad.  Got away to a good start covering first mile in 5.34, this was probably too fast and then subsequently slowed, both Dave Hall of Dartford RR and Andy Howey Tunbridge Wells, went passed me and opened up a 20m gap which I held but could not close down and this progressed over the first two of the big laps.  On the third lap Mark Penny of Cambridge Harriers came passed me with about half a lap to go, but by this stage I had no strength left and could not hold onto him. Therefore just managed to get round last half lap with no one else getting by and finished 18th overall in 36:16.

League Tables as follows

Final Standings Vets:-

Final Standings Overall:-



The Team:-


Distance Total: 10 Miles              Time (Race): 00:36:16         Race Pace: 6.22m/m
Race Distance: 5.7Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment