Monday 2 July 2012: 3000m SVL Ashford

PM: Running for Ashford AC tonight, anything to get another track race in that is local. After what turned out to be a very overcast and blustery day the wind actually dropped a little in the evening and to be fair conditions were not that bad at all.  Did a three mile warm followed by some drill and strides.
Race started and nobody took it out so I was at the front as I wanted to to do approx 77s laps, went through first two both in 75s still in the lead after four laps and could hear them right on my shoulder coming down the home straight with three laps to go four runners all came streaming past me, it didn't feel like I was slowing rather they were going faster. Three opened up a gap but I managed to keep hold of the fourth placed Andy Green of Dartford. I could sense that he was not going to break away from me so I dug in sticking tightly to him round the penultimate couple of laps and then into the last half lap he quickened with 200m to go but still I went with him and with 100m left I gave it all I had and managed to open up a gap coming down the home straight to the line.  Time was 9'56'2 not quite my best this year but very pleased to go under 10 mins again.

Distance: 6 miles           Race Time: 9'56'2

No comments:

Post a Comment