Sun 6 Feb 2011 - Ashford & District RR 10KM

AM - Arrived at Sandyhurst Lane race HQ at 09.30 and was ready to start warm up at 09.55.  Although racing today still wanted to get some milage in, so decided to longer warm up. Followed course up to start then round to the 7.5km before returning back to base.  Changed into racing shoes did some dynamic stretches before heading off up to the start which was about half a mile away.  Once there did three lots of strides and jogged around to keep warm. Warm up distance 5.25m.
Went off at a hard pace from the start, just behind Grahame Saker and with JC, pushed on hard through second km which was down hill but GS had opened up about 10 yards on me and I had pulled away from those behind and was running on my own. Caught by a Larkfield runner at 3km but held onto him and we ran together up until 6km.  I knew the hill was coming up and put head down and really tried to dig in, up ahead I could see that GS had caught and overtaken to young Invicta guy and up the hill I was closing down on him quite dramatically probably down to about 5metres.  Off the top of the hill and passed the 8km (5 mile) mark and still the gap was the same and I was giving everything I had, eventually just passed the 9km I managed to catch him and tried to go past but we were  running shoulder to shoulder, down the last hill I tried to break away but he covered my move and his younger legs managed a faster sprint finish than mine and he took 5 seconds out of me.  However very please with time on a very windy morning , mile splits as follows:- 5.24  5.31  5.26  5.37  5.58  5.25 - 1.27(0.25m)  RACE TIME : 00:34:50
Cool down was 3.5 miles.
Distance:  15 Miles     Time:        Race Pace: 5.34 m/m

PM - Very easy run with daughter Sunday evening, still very windy and we managed to do three miles, when she came back home I carried on and did a couple more to make it up to 5 miles.
Distance:  5 miles    Time:  00:42:57   Pace:  8.35 m/m

WEEKLY MILAGE : 70 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment