READY TO GO!!!!!!

After about a month of easy running having had days off as and when needed, and doing any harder session at striding pace rather than flat out and after a week in some glorious sunshine in Greece I now feel refreshed and ready to start the Autumn training.
After the reflecting stage at the end of July I have now used this period to set my main GOAL for the Autumn and hopefully how I am going to achieve this. Planning is vital, my goal Sub 59 mins at the GREAT SOUTH RUN in Portsmouth on Sun 28 October 2012.  I have one mesocycle to plan to get me fit and fast ready for this race, which I will break down into 10 weekly microcycles, building the endurance and speed on a weekly basis with a taper at the end so I am refreshed and ready.  I will be doing other races along the way, but will not be easing off for them but training through them. Therefore I will be using these as pointers and indicators to how my training is going but will not be disappointed if the times are not to hot.
The Cross Country Season will also be starting in October and hopefully I will be looking for strong performances in these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment