7 Weeks to go........W/b 4 March 2013


Monday 04/03/13
AM: No Run
PM: Went out with my Mum Dad and Brother down to Rye Harbour and walked all the way along to Winchelsea and then back Via Winchelsea harbor.  Wouldn’t normally put a walk down as training, but as I had done the Thanet 20 yesterday and legs were pretty tired, this seemed an ideal way to ease them off especially as we walked 7 miles. So I count that as good recovery training!!

AM: Distance:  0 miles        Time: 00:00:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m
PM: Distance:  7 miles        Time: 02:45:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m


Tuesday 05/03/13
AM: No Run
PM: From Club went out with the guys and we just did a nice easy run around the old Folkestone 9 course

AM: Distance:  0 miles      Time: 00:00:00                 Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m
PM: Distance:  9 miles      Time: 1:13:48                   Ave Pace: 8.03 m/m


Wednesday 06/03/13
AM: Beautiful sunny morning really felt like spring had arrived, so warm I even wore shorts!! Just went out and ran how I felt and that ended up being 7.45 pace so quite pleased recovering from Thanet 20 well.
PM: Went down to 3 Hills Sports Park as I had meeting at 5.00pm run through of official opening. Then at 6;30 went out with Tim, Angela & Rachel for an easy paced 6 miler, forgot garmin so no times!!. Got back showered and then into a circuit training session in new sports hall, good stuff

AM: Distance:  10 miles     Time: 01:17:36     Ave Pace: 7.45 m/m
PM: Distance:  6 miles        Time: 00:00:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m


Thursday 07/03/13
AM: No Run
PM: Feeling really under the weather today so only run was the warm up and cool down jog with the juniors at the club, very easy pace

PM: Distance:   0 miles     Time: 00:00:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m
PM: Distance:   3 miles     Time: 00:00:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m



Friday 08/03/13
AM: No Run
PM: Easy 6 miler racing at weekend

AM: Distance:  0 miles     Time: 00:00:00     Ave Pace: 0.00 m/m
PM: Distance:  6 miles     Time: 00:45:45     Ave Pace: 7.38 m/m


Saturday 09/03/13
AM: Again as Lydd Half tomorrow went out to do a very easy 6 miler, however guts fell part at 4.5 miles and so aborted at 5 miles, Hopefully should be ok for tomorrow.

PM: Distance:  5miles       Race Time: 00:45:05      Ave Pace: 9.00 m/m  
  

Sunday 10/03/13 
AM: Woke up to a very grey windy icy cold morning, not very inspiring!!! Got myself down to Lydd and got out for a 3 mile warm up, went up part of the course and the icy wind seemed to blowing across me from the south east. Any way got back and did a few drills and strides and found my club mates, Cads, Kirsty Gail and Pete with Tim taking the official team photo!!

Race started and was once round the playing field before going out onto the roads. I was in about 3rd position on field but once out into the lane a V35 from Ilford AC moved ahead and went up to the leader and they gradually pulled away. First mile passed in 5.37, was now running with another guy and pace was still quite even 5.41/5.47/5.41. Then we were caught by a V40 from Les Croupiers (Welsh Club) at about 5 miles, I could not go with them as I was just about max’d out on the pace I was running at and they gradually began to draw away from me, so now I was running on my own but not slowing as next mile was 5.46. Just before 6 miles we had a dog-leg to do and turn and come back the same way (5.49), this was good as I could then gauge the distances of the runners behind me. A Thames Hare & Hound was not far behind then it was Steve Throssell (Larkfield) who had beaten me in The Ashford 10km & Kent XC Champs. The TH&H chap came passed me at 7 miles just over half way, I was now down to 7th. But I had just done a 5.40 mile so again I knew it was not me slowing rather the other guy going faster. We then turned straight into a head wind, and I was really concentrating trying to keep pace going and it dropped to 5.58 before turning again so the wind was now side on, it was now 5 miles back to the finish. Every now and then I could hear Steve’s number rustling when a gust of wind blew and this spurred me on, as I really wanted to beat him today. I was now trying to calculate my finishing time and I was estimating about 1:17ish, 9th mile passed in 5.45. Still I was ahead and I was astonished at the time for 10 mile 57:40 a minute quicker than at the Canterbury 10. However I was slowing slightly miles 10,11 & 12 were 5.56, 5.57 & 5.53. Could see the finish line across the fields and was determined not to get caught in last mile so pushed on as hard as I could. 

As I came round onto the field for the last 20m I sprinted as hard as I could and then looked down to see time. 1:16:01, I couldn't believe it for the second week in a row I was 2 seconds short of getting into the preceding minute!!!!  Oh well, but then overjoyed as in 2010 before my good London I had done 1:17:11 at Paddock Wood.  So I am getting confident that hopefully I will be in good shape for the marathon.  So 7th Overall and 1st V45 and Gold in BMAF & SCVAC Championships, not a bad day out.

Also pleasing was that Cads smashed the 1:30 with 1:28:26 & Kirsty knocked 18mins off her PB to record 1:48:12, fantastic.
Finished off with a 3 mile cool down so I got 19 miles for the day


AM: Distance:   13.1 miles      Time: 01:16:01     Ave Pace: 5.47 m/m

Total Running Distance: 19 Miles

Garmin Connect:  LYDD HALF




Weekly Summary


AM
PM
TOTAL
Monday
0
7
7
Tuesday
0
9
16
Wednesday
10
6
32
Thursday
0
3
35
Friday
0
6
41
Saturday
0
5
46
Sunday
19
0
65

Mileage down this week, but was recovering from Thanet 20 and also wanted to have a good run in the Lydd Half as it was the British Masters Championships. So really pleased with time a new best in my Veteran career.  Interestingly enough in the early 90’s I got my Half Marathon PB at Lydd  1:12:30 ( a long time ago!!!!)

Now hopefully a couple of high mileage weeks before the taper begins only 6 weeks to go now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment