Saturday 28 April 2012

Having had five days off after the marathon, apart from a couple of miles jog on Thursday evening, it is now time to start my summer build up and what better way to start out as you mean to go on with a track session at the Julie Rose Stadium.
The warm up jog and drills were fine and legs were feeling ok, so slipping on a pair of newly purchased track spikes (first time for many years, probably about 20 since I last wore spikes on the track) I set off to do 3 x 600m/400m with 200m jog recovery.  600m 1'52 - 400m 1'15 - 600m 1'58 could feel calfs tightening so slowed a fraction. Next 400m was 1'15 but now decided to call it a day and calfs were quite tight due to first session in spikes and not having run much through the week. Leaving the others to finish off their last set I did some static stretches to try and loosen the calfs off a bit.
I was quite pleased with the two 400m in 75's and I was expecting them to be nearer 80's. Can now look to build on this through the season.  Finished off with a mile cool down round the track.

Total Distance: 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment