Hi Back at Last!!!!!

Been a long time since my last post, had a good summer probably raced to much and did not have enough rest which resulted in hamstring injury during the Wingham 10km on 11 September.  Had a week off then a week light jogging thinking that would be enough, and as a member of the Folkestone RC team declared at the Southern 6 Stage Road Relays at Aldershot decided to test it out by running leg 3.  Did first mile in about 5-17 then coming down hill back into arena felt hamstring go again and had to virtually hobble round second lap so that I could hand over to 4 leg runner and keep team in competition.
After that decided to have three weeks off because I wanted to try and have it ok for the start of Marathon training in mid December.  Had to miss first Kent League Cross Country at Swanley which was awful as I love running on the country and it means that I wont be able to complete the whole series, where I finished 2nd vet overall this year. Never mind, I have been very lucky with injuries in the past and this is the longest time I have ever had off in 30 years!!!
Will now try and keep blog updated going forwards. Will use November as a building base getting ready for Marathon Training in December and I also start my Coach in Running Fitness Course on the last weekend in November, so busy times ahead.

1 comment: